Do it Yourself Tips
- Easy Brown Sugar Scrub for Face & Lips: Sprinkle a tiny amount of brown sugar into a small amount of jojoba (or even olive oil if that works for your face). Very gently rub onto face and lips avoiding the eye area. Rinse sugar and dry.
- For Moisturizing the Face: Start with a couple drops of vitamin E (an antioxidant) and add to a dime sized amount of organic jojoba. Apply to face. If your face still feels dry, add a little more vitamin E. The jojoba will draw the E deeper into the skin. Remember, less is more. If you applied too much, your face will be shiny. Vitamin E can be found in any co-op or supplement section.***
- Exfoliating Sugar Scrub: To exfoliate or slough off dry skin and to make your Skin Salvy more effective, apply a small amount of Skin Salvy to clean hands, add a sprinkle of extra fine granulated sugar, gently rub your hands together, rinse, dry. Your hands will feel soft.
- Aloe Vera Mixture for Soothing Skin Conditions: The Aloe Vera plant is known for its healing properties for burns and cuts however it is quite fragile and will readily grow bacteria when contaminated. In addition, the amounts of Aloe in some skin formulations might not be enough to have a noticeable effect. Instead of including it in our formulation, we recommend the following to soothe dry, chapped skin or conditions such as dermatitis or eczema. Apply a thin layer of Aloe to the affected (clean) skin, allow to absorb, follow immediately with organic jojoba or Skin Salvy Emollienht for Dry Skin to lock in the Aloe and moisturizing benefits of the Jojoba. (Small bottles of 100% Aloe are available for purchase at many health and grocery stores.)
- Jojoba uses: A little Jojoba goes a long way. Start with a few drops and add more as needed. Uses include: conditioning the skin and scalp, treating your cuticles to a hand soak dip, apply to dry hair prior to shampooing to condition hair, use for body and face massages, remove make-up (avoid getting into the eyes) & baby cradle cap, apply after your favorite moisturizing cream to lock in moisture. Add essential oils as desired. Intended for topical use. Do not use internally. Jojoba does not need special storage requirements and can be reheated without affecting the quality of the product. If left in cold temperatures, it may solidify. Simply bring the Jojoba to room temperature and it will resume a liquid state. Not intended for internal use.